Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Organic, yeah right!

So, I did a little research last week on my driscol ORGANIC raspberries. I called and asked the difference between non organic and organic.

"with organic we use a blower to get bugs off, if there are bugs (depending on the season) that wont come off with the blower we use the 'approved' organic pesticides.

SO, you're telling me that IM STILL EATING PESTICIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"When people are buying organic food, they often make the incorrect assumption that there are no pesticides. It's true that organic production often uses fewer dangerous chemicals, but certain pesticides are allowed" Jeff Gillman

Thankfully there is an official list of approved pesticides.

This makes me wonder why I even buy organic.

Here is a great blog article: Organic Pesticides: Not An Oxymoron


No comments:

Post a Comment